Wednesday, May 7, 2008

200 of 300C

I just read from some car magazine that SMRT will be bringing in 200 Chrysler 300C into its feet as Limo Taxis. Yes, the 'big daddy' huge American car.

Before I talk about the 300C being a taxi, let me talk about the 300C as a car in Singapore. The 300C is one of the biggest car that reached Singapore's shores. Although the visual effect portrayed by the car is fantastic, road presence is awesome, the practically aspect is something that I don't understand how owners of 300C can live with.

With such small roads and space in Singapore, the made for America 300C seems to have trouble living in Singapore. Let me ask you: Have you ever seen a 300C in one of the parallel parking lots?
Even when you park in normal parking lot, the whole bonnet seems to be protruding out of the lot. As a result, there was one 300C owner who have to park at the loading bay because I think the car cannot go into the Multi Storey carpark. Even if it could, it perhaps have to park 3 lots parallel.

Let's move on the 300C being a taxi. As we can see that taxis on the road need to be versatile, they need to do tight junctions illegal u-turns, they need to squeeze at the side of the road to go toilet, they need to park anywhere for their coffee break...all of which i suppose it isn't the 300C forte.

Kudos to the 200 brave souls whoare the 300C driver-to-be.

As for me, I just can't wait to take one of the 300C...

Keep u all updated.

The Chrysler 300C

No comments: